Saturday 1 August 2015

Favourite object - The Pencil

The hardest part of this project was choosing the object! I felt uncomfortable making a quick decision as nothing immediately came to mind or felt right and I wished I'd had more time. Now I wonder if the actual object mattered that much. It would be interesting to do the exercise again with a different object to see what happens.

I chose the pencil because I have always loved drawing and writing, and I like using pencils so I can rub something out if I make a mistake! Considering how much I use the pencil as a tool to express myself, I've never really thought about it all that much. The pencil allows me to be detailed, careful and methodical, but also non committal - mistakes can always be erased!

The piece below shows my thoughts about moving from doodling (past) to structured and uncreative academic work (present) to confident, definite and creative drawing and writing (future).

I wanted to find out more about unlocking interests and strengths and in doing to I came across an interesting blog post: Find your passion. I particularly like the idea of "finding your tennis ball - the thing that pulls you". 






No comments:

Post a Comment